Almost every household has a pan. They are available in a wide range of sizes with different features.
To be honest, 14-inch frying pans have a size that not everybody would require. But if you want one, it can be hard to get the best of the best without a little struggle.
A couple of brands are in the market claiming to have the best frying pans. The description of a product is not always true. But you do not need to worry. We went to the market and deep researched most of the pans in the market trying to narrow down the options. Which is the best 14-inch frying pan?
After extensive research and trying out these pans, we came up with this list. Stay tuned.
Our Top Picks
Let’s start with the top large frying pan reviews.
Best Nonstick 14-inch Frying Pan: Tramontina 80114/537DS
This extra-large frying pan is made to handle the work subjected to it in professional kitchens and still functions perfectly in homes. It is a versatile tool that you can use for searing, sautéing, scrambling, as well as frying meals. Its construction features heavy gauge aluminum that will not only heat quickly but also evenly so that your meals come out perfectly each time.
The sturdy aluminum construction is not all it has to offer. It has a nonstick surface that allows food to come from the pan easily without a problem. Food will not stick to the cooking surface, which reduces the amount of oil you would require to achieve that.
The handle is made using cast stainless steel. It also has a silicone grip that will easily come off when you want to put the pan inside an oven. This handle is attached to the pan with three rivets so that it is completely firm.
You can cook with this pan on any cooktop including ceramic glass, electric, as well as gas, and ovens. It is cookware you would want to have.
- + Cleaning up is easy because of the nonstick coating
- + The construction is quite sturdy
- + It is large enough to cook more food for a larger family
- + It can work on a range of cooktops
- + It is a very appealing pan.
- – The brand does not have good customer support
- – Some of the items would warp quite fast.
Best 14- Inch Hard-Anodized Frying Pan: Rachael Ray Cucina
This is among the most durable frying pans in the market. The 14 nonstick frying pan is made with hard-anodized aluminum that makes it very sturdy. What’s more, the aluminum will help the pan heat up evenly and quickly. Even heat distribution is something we all appreciate.
This pan has a nonstick surface in addition to the aluminum construction. This makes the pan very easy to clean. It is also dishwasher safe, which is more than most pans will offer. In addition to the ease of cleaning, food will not stick to the pan, even with very little oil used. Instead, it allows for very easy release.
Size matters, right? This pan is made to become a convenient tool in your kitchen. It is large and it has a helper handle with double rivets so that you can move a large amount of food from your stove to the oven, and the table.
Remember, it is oven safe to temperatures around 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- + It has a stable handle with double rivets
- + The aluminum construction makes it durable
- + You can choose between a red and grey pan
- + Cleaning is a complete breeze
- + It is a very beautiful pan
- + It is oven safe.
- – There are complaints of pans warping after short use.
Best 14-inch Copper Frying Pan: Copper Pan
This is a unique 14-inch frying pan from construction to color. It features a ceramic-infused copper material in its construction. It is extremely durable, mainly because of the construction and the fact that it is scratch-proof.
It is oven safe to temperatures up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, more than most in the market can handle. It will heat up very fast and evenly.
It features round handles, as opposed to the long handle on one side. As a result, it is quite comfortable to handle.
You can do a range of things with this Cookware including baking, broiling, sautéing, and frying.
- + It has very comfortable handles so cooking is very easy
- + The pan has a very appealing color
- + It is scratch-proof, which maintains its integrity
- + The pan can withstand very high temperatures.
- – The nonstick coating tends to wear off after continued usage
- – The handles might get a bit hot when cooking.
Best 14″ Granite Stone Frying Pan: Granitestone
This supersized skillet has adequate capacity to prepare food for your whole family. It is not only perfect for home use, but also commercial use, which means that you can use it in restaurants, for parties, and many more that would require this size of the skillet.
It features a nonstick coating with 3x reinforcement. It also features a diamond reinforcement so that the food can release quickly. You do not require any oil or butter when preparing your meals. That will translate to healthier meals. Do not forget, with such release, cleaning is a complete breeze.
As you will tell from this 14-inch fry pan review, it is extremely durable. It features a strong coating that will not scratch even if you use metallic utensils. Aluminum is used in exterior construction, making it quite strong and durable. You can rely on this pan to give you ultimate service.
- + The nonstick coating is extremely strong and does not scratch easily
- + It has a very strong construction
- + The size is adequate for large meals
- + Cleaning the pan is very easy
- + There are no chemicals in the nonstick coating.
- – You might need to season the pan for ultimate release
- – Some of the pans warp easily.
Best 14″ Cast Iron Skillet: Lodge 13.25 Pre-Seasoned
This might be the best 14-inch skillet. It has a seasoning that uses legitimate vegetable oil. It does not have any chemical additives or synthetic coatings. You should also know that the seasoning will improve over time as you continue to use it.
The skillet is among the best because of the amazing retention of heat and a very strong finish. It will even work with induction cooktops among other types of cooktops.
The company recommends that you take extra care of your cast iron skillet, making sure to avoid cleaning by soap, drying it completely, and using a small amount of oil when cooking your meals.
Make sure to store it properly in a dry place.
Suggested Read: Cast Iron Vs Stainless Steel Cookware
- + Cleaning is a breeze. You do not need any soap at all
- + The nonstick coating does not have chemicals
- + It has a legitimate vegetable oil coating
- + Sturdy construction.
- – You have to wash it by hand.
Best 14″ Stainless Steel Frying Pan: All-Clad 4114
If you are looking for the best 14-inch frying pan, this might be the frying pan you are looking for. Here are the reasons why. It features a wide and flat base with a very low profile design.
It features construction with a 3-ply bond. It has stainless steel that has an aluminum core in the middle. The best part about this construction is that the pan heats up extremely fast and distributes that heat properly to all parts of the pan.
It features a cooking surface that is highly polished and has a starburst finish. That means that the pan will not require much effort regarding maintenance and food will not stick to the surface when you are cooking.
The handles are made with stainless steel and are attached to the pan with stainless steel rivets.
It is broiler and oven safe top temperature reaching 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- + The handles are secured properly to the pan for easy handling
- + The 3-ply construction improves heat retention and distribution
- + You do not need much effort in regards to maintenance
- + It has a strong construction
- + Cleaning is very easy
- + It is a very beautiful pan
- + It is compatible with all the cooktops.
- – The nonstick coating does not work with every type of food
- – It is quite expensive.
Best 14-Inch Carbon Steel Fry Pan: De Buyer Mineral B
De Buyer is popular for producing the most amazing cookware in the market. This 14-inch sauté pan not an exception. It is among the best in the market and there are some reasons why.
Let’s start with the unique handle. The handle is ergonomic and it gives you an amazing balance and grip. The curve on the handle is perfect for flipping, stirring, as well as sautéing.
It has a sturdy construction that is resistant to warping and will distribute heat evenly all the time. It will work with induction cooktops perfectly and can go in an oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- + It has a 3 mm thickness that is strong
- + The rivets used to attach the handles are strong
- + The pan is specially designed for flipping, as well as many other purposes
- + No chemicals are present in the material
- + The nonstick coating becomes stronger will more usage
- + It has an amazing beeswax finish.
- – It is heavy and lifting with one hand might be a problem
- – The handle is quite high with a big angle.
Best 14″ Saute Pan: Update International SSAU-7
This 14-inch sauté pan with a lid is prepared with the intention for use on all cooktops, including an induction cooktop. It features a cover that is provided together with the pan. However, this lid is not NSF listed.
The 14-inch skillet with a lid features a handle that is hollow and has holes for hanging. Its handle is prepared like that specifically to make sure that it remains cool and comfortable when cooking.
It has high, straight sides. It is therefore perfect if you want to braise or prepare meals with sauce.
- + It has a lid for covering food when cooking
- + The handle’s design maintains a low temperature
- + It is perfect for preparing meals with sauce
- + It has even heat distribution
- + The pan has a strong construction.
- – The high sides would make flipping harder
- – No mention of a nonstick coating addition.
Best 14″ Ceramic Frying Pan: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spirit
This 14-inch ceramic frying pan might just be what you are looking for. It features 3-ply construction with an aluminum core for even and fast heating.
It features a PFOA and PTFE nonstick coating that does not have any chemicals. It will not release any chemicals when heated.
- + It is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- + The flared rim will give you dripless pouring
- + Cleaning is completely easy
- + It is dishwasher safe
- + No chemicals are used in the coating.
- – The nonstick coating might come off after some time if you do not season it.
A Buying Guide
Before you run off choosing any pan, there are things that you should check. They should help narrow down your options. Let’s look at some.
You might have noticed that some pans have a seasoning so that you can start cooking right after you purchase it. Make sure that your pan has a nonstick coating.
Lifting these large frying pans can be hard. If a skillet had a pouring spout, it would help with maneuverability.
Consider the handles. Since these are large pans, you want one that has a strong handle that is attached firmly to the pan. Some even have two handles to make the work easier.
If you are into the aspects of cast iron but do not want the seasoning task, you can consider porcelain because it has nonstick aspects. A porcelain finish is a very common aspect of cast iron skillets.
There is a wide range of pans in the market. However, you will find that some, such as the Tramontina fry pan have great performance at a lower affordable price. You can also choose one that is quite expensive with assured results. Have fun shopping.
- Best Unglazed Clay Pots for Cooking
- Best Turkey Roasting Pans with Lids Reviewed
- 5 Best Cast Iron Comal Pan For Tortillas
Now I’d like to hear from you.
Did I miss one of your favorite large frying pans?
Or maybe you have a question about something.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
Also, if you find the information in this post to be useful, be sure to share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!