Table Of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Best Convection Ovens Comparison Table
- 2 What To Look For When Buying A Convection Oven
- 3 Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven
- 4 Oster Extra Large Digital TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Convection Oven
- 5 Hamilton Beach 31126
- 6 Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef's Convection Toaster Oven
- 7 KitchenAid KCO273SS 12" Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven
- 8 Convection Cooking Tips
- 9 * Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for a new counter-top convection oven to prepare delicious recipes for your family?
The market is fully loaded with many competitive brands, so buyers often find some difficulties to make their decisions.
In order for you to be able to choose a good convection oven that inevitably targets your personal needs and your cooking style you have to deeply navigate and earnestly step into the world of ovens, For your convenience and satisfaction, we have put together a list of the best five toaster oven brands, which are already rated high for their outstanding properties and performance.
I hope this article helps you find the best rated table top convection oven that fits your needs and budget.
So, what is the best convection oven to buy in 2019 ? Let’s dive in…
Top 5 Best Convection Ovens Comparison Table
- The Finest 3 Blenders For Mixing Up Your Routine.
- Best 3 Kettles For The Best Cuppa
- Best 3 Food Processor Of 2018
What To Look For When Buying A Convection Oven
- Controls: Table top convection ovens differ in controls some comes with buttons and the other with dials, it is a personal preference which one to choose, even though we found ovens with button are more easy and convenient to set precise temperatures and times.
- Cleaning: When selecting your counter-top convection oven, always make sure that the cleaning instruction fits your needs, some ovens comes with not dishwasher-safe pans and racks, on the other hand some ovens comes with self-cleaning feature and an easy to remove crumb pan.(always to look for non-stick interior which is more easy to clean).
- Capacity and Size: It depends on some certain factors family size, available space in your kitchen and how you are going to use your convection oven.(most brands out there tend to denote their capacity with something like ” Pizza size” or “how many bread slices it can hold”, so it can be much easier for you to determine which oven is the best for you)
- Extras: If you are planning to use your convection oven for multiple purposes, then make sure to pick the one with the extra roasting,broiling, baking pans and rack positions.
- Cooking Modes: Most of the convection ovens comes with 3 basic functions: baking, broiling and toasting, and they are more than enough for making breakfast toast or baking dinners, however high end models ovens tend to have more cooking options like : roasting, reheating, defrosting and much more, to grant their users the best cooking experience.
- Interior Visibility: Every modern ovens comes with a big glass window to give you the best supervision over the cooking process.
- Warranties: Most convection ovens offer a standard one-year warranty, even though it always good to double-check what it covers exactly, to have complete peace of mind.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster OvenEditor's Choice
Breville Smart Oven can cook all your favorite stuff for you including bread, pizza, bagels, cookies, and roasts as well. Homeowners love this kitchen appliance for its high performance, large capacity and nine pre-set menu functions. With exceptional cooking services and user-friendly design, it can be used as a regular oven.
Incredible Features and Benefits of Breville Smart Oven:
- Satisfactory performance:
There are so many easy to use pre-set buttons and temperature range can be adjusted anywhere between 120 to 500-degree Fahrenheit. The toaster works on 1800-watt power and its multiple cooking functions prove it better than most competitive top rated toaster ovens in the market.
Tests reveal that it takes minimal pre-heat time at all temperature settings so that homeowners can find it best companion in their busy routines.
You will love the LCD display that offers easy adjustments for time, temperature and cooking functions. Moreover, with its quick preparation time, you can ensure even cooking as well.
- Advanced toaster oven design:
Although Breville Smart Oven is better known as a compact toaster, the surprising thing is that it can still hold your 13-inch pizza as well as 6 bread slices with ease.
Homeowners are in love with its design because it takes minimal counter space and is only 17 pounds in weight. Note that, this advanced toaster oven makes use of a fan to heat food evenly and quickly.
Also, the dual wall door is well insulated along with the glass window so that heat stays inside the unit and can ensure efficiency cooking results. With the sleek design of this toaster, you will love its catchy digital display screen that shows a timer, temperature, and preset options clearly.
Users can change between Celsius and Fahrenheit settings along with easy to adjust cook functions.
- Awesome safety features:
This oven is rated high for its safety features as well. Whenever a user opens the door of the oven, the automatic ejector rack automatically pushes the wire rack out of the unit.
You will be able to prevent the painful burns. Even if your children are curious enough to cook and eat food in your absence; they can stay safe with its automatic heat cycle switching. The interior temperature of this oven stays well-maintained at a set range.
- Convenient to use:
The wide range of features makes this toaster oven easy to use. You will love the non-stick interiors that assist with fast cleaning. The preset cook functions allow users to make pizza, bagels, toast, cookies, and roast without making any manual selection for temperature.
This six-slice toaster is loaded with several useful accessories such as bake pan, wire rack, broiling rack and pizza pan as well. It can make your life much simpler.
The awesome set of features and functionality with a compact oven is the dream of every homeowner. Breville Smart Oven can make your cooking experience full of convenience and safety. Although it makes use of more power as compared to many competitive products in the market, its exclusive design and capabilities make it stand out.
- Simple and easy to read LCD display.
- Large tempered glass window door.
- Excellent heat distribution.
- Non-stick interior.
- 9 cooking modes.
- No defrosting function.
- no interior lights.
- Cord could be longer.
Oster Extra Large Digital TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Convection OvenModern With a Lots of Features And Value
When your major target is versatility, we advise you to look at Oster Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven. Whether you want to replace the old one or need a new oven for your kitchen, this high end toaster is designed to ensure guaranteed satisfaction for the long run. It is equipped with convection cooking technology that ensures even and quick heating while meeting the exceptional toasting and baking requirements.
Incredible Features and Benefits of Oster Digital Toaster Oven:
- Versatile performance:
Oster Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven works with a wide temperature range that can be adjusted anywhere between 150 to 450 degrees. With its versatile cooking performance, you can broil, defrost, bake and toast food as per need. It means this oven provides endless meal preparation options and you can try something new every day.
Manufacturers have added a 90-minute timer to this oven that can assist in easy temperature adjustments for short as well as long duration cooking.
It works on the basis of convection technology that ensures consumption of 50% lesser energy as compared to conventional oven products.
- Eye-catching design:
Oster oven is designed for countertop placement, and its maximum weight is 26 pounds.
The design is finished with two rack positions that allow users to prepare two meals at a time. So, even when you are in a hurry, you can ensure delicious food for the family.
The durable stainless steel body with clean front glass door ensures easy viewing. Oster Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven is finished with a spacious interior that is suitable for large meal preparations for large families. It can prepare 14 slices of bread at once and can even handle 16-inch pizzas.
With such a spacious finish, Oster extra large oven is definitely the best choice for families as well as for over occupied individuals who prefer to prepare a meal for several days in one go.
- Safe and precise controls:
The dial controls of conventional ovens are now replaced with easy to handle digital controls. It means you can now cook a wide range of recipes with a single touch of a button.
It can also ensure precise cooking with easy temperature settings and cook cycles. The intuitive controls make it quite easier to handle this device for a variety of cooking functions.
All that you need to do is insert your food into the tray, hit the touch button on the panel to set the timer, adjust the temperature range and your meal will be ready with delicious taste within very less time.
Oster Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven is definitely a beautiful addition to every kitchen, especially to the families with busy work schedules. It can help you save time by preparing meal automatically at even settings.
This toaster oven also ensures excellent performance with added durability and convenience. Homeowners rate it high in terms of space, visibility and easy to adjust settings.
If you have a versatile kitchen in your home, this cookware can improve your efficiency with its wide range of features.
Astonishing, isn’t it ?!
- Simple and convenient digital controls.
- Large capacity( the biggest on our list).
- Fast and even cooking.
- Easy to clean.
- 6 cooking modes.
- 2 Racks.
- Overheating door handle.
- no interior lights.
- Short cord.
Hamilton Beach 31126Best Countertop Convection Oven under 100$
Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven is designed with new age technology that features top and bottom heating elements along with built-in fan arrangement that ensures even heating and uniform temperature setting.
Experts reveal that Hamilton Beach is a highly versatile and well-designed oven unit as compared to the traditional toaster ovens available in the market.
Incredible Features and Benefits of Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven:
- Better performance:
Thanks to its powerful heating elements that work on 1400-watt power along with the convection fan. When compared to traditional units, this model can ensure 30% shorter preheating and cooking time.
Users can access a wide range of broil, bake and toast settings and all adjustments ensure even heating with the controlled cooking environment.
The temperature range can be varied from 150-degree F to 450-degrees F, and the lower dial on panel allows users to make quick selections for the stay-on settings and 30-minute auto cook timer. The crumb tray can be easily taken out for fast cleaning.
- Innovative design:
Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven is listed as one of the bulkier models with spacious design. It can handle around 12-inch pizza and is capable enough to toast around 6 pieces of bread at a time.
The curved glass door ensures easy view inside whereas the roll top providers more working space with convenient access.
You can make selections for efficient cooking by using three intuitive controls. The top dial is dedicated to temperature settings; the middle one allows easy selection between bake, broil, and toast whereas the last one can be used to adjust timer range.
- Easy to use:
This versatile cookware makes your routines much easier and full of comfort with convection heating technology. Users can make easy selections for various control functions whereas the cleaning process becomes much easier with the crumb tray.
You can also purchase an extra rack for this unit, and that can be used simultaneously to manage the fast cooking cycle for larger families and busy routines.
It has larger door unit that allows easy access to the food inside and the intuitive controls makes cooking process more convenient.
Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven is finished with the stainless-steel design that is much easier to clean. The cord length is also 35-inches, so you can move the oven on the countertop without any problem.
Homeowners that need an oven to place right below their cabinets will find Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven the most efficient choice.
This cookware can ease your routines with its fine adjustments for baking, broiling, toasting and heating food. The package also includes few additional accessories like baking pan etc. Moreover, it is one of the most affordable yet versatile ovens in the market that can serve your routine needs with feature-rich performance.
The only trouble with this unit is that the fan appears too loud; however, quick preheating and convenient cleaning are the added advantages.
- A wide range of tempertaures.
- Easy to operate.
- Easy to clean.
- The interior is not non-stick.
- No interior lights.
Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef's Convection Toaster OvenBest Multi-Function
Cuisinart is a well know for its ultimate collection of kitchen appliances.
This brand has launched earlier many high quality kitchen appliances from food processors and hand mixers to coffee makers and now its is impressing us again as a buyers with this multi-factional counter top convection oven.
The Cuisinart TOB-260N1 is capable to handle any cooking task such as toasting(obviously) baking, broiling, roasting and much more…
Many homeowner and expert cooks rate it high for its versatility and multitasking ability which make it best choice for every kitchen setup.
Now lets jump right in to Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Features.
Incredible Features and Benefits of Cuisinart TOB-260N1
The Cuisinart TOB-260N1 has 15 cooking functions including innovative dual cooking which allow you to run two different cooking functions at different temperatures, and a speed convection which provide cooking without preheating.
The Cuisinart TOB-260N1 toaster oven works on 1800-watt heating power to produce extra quick head p time and precise temps.
Also features a preset buttons and temperature range from 150 degrees to 450 degrees max for baking and 500 degree for broil(not adjustable).
A large back-lit display and let buttons that offering easy time, temperatures and cooking functions adjustments.
All this elements combined prove that the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 is one of the best table top convection ovens in the market.
The Cuisinart TOB-260N1 is made of brushed stainless steel exterior and 20.87″ L * 16.93″ W* 11.42″ H in dimension.
Easy cleaning and roomy non-stick interior, that can hold a 13′ Pizza and entire 9 pound chicken and its 13″ deep and 14.5″ Wide.
Along with removable crumb tray which looks like a part of the oven shell but easily pulls out from under the door.
Home owners love this design since it take minimal counter space, and easy to clean.
- Convenient to use :
The Cuisinart TOB-260N1 features 15 preset cooking functions which make the unit extremely beginners friendly since it allows you to make bagels, toasts a, cookies without any manual selections.
Not to forget the useful accessories that comes withe Cuisinart TOB-260N1 such as: 2 oven racks, baking/drip pan, pizza stone, crumb tray, broiling pan and recipe booklet.
There is no doubt that the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 toaster oven is a perfect choice for novice and experts kind of home users who are looking for the best toaster oven for baking, broiling, roasting, defrosting and more..
this toaster oven ensure high power operations with its large interior and solid fan, moreover Cuisinart offer a long warranty of 3 years so you can get trouble free performance for the long run.
- Keeps food moist and tender.
- 1800-watt of power.
- BPA free non stick interior.
- 4 rack positions.
- Dual cook and speed convection.
- 15 preset cooking functions.
- interior light.
- No auto rack eject.
- exterior can get hot.
KitchenAid KCO273SS 12" Convection Bake Digital Countertop OvenBest Compact
Kitchen-aid KCO273SS is a top selling model from kitchenaid Kco Series.
Its not the brand latest model but it is popular among homeowners due to its exceptional quality and amazing durability.
The Kitchenaid KCO273SS is perfect for preparing a wide range of recipes and includes a 9 preset cooking functions.
Novice and expert cooks high rated it for its easy operation, precision and easy cleaning.
Incredible Features and Benefits of KitchenAid KCO2793SS Convection oven
- Control and Panel:
The Kitchenaid KCO273SS toaster oven is the easiest model to operate on our list and users find it extremely easy as well even can handle it to make their favorite meals, due to its simple menu system to navigate.
The are only a three simple buttons, easy to read LCD and two knobs, one of the knobs is for choosing specific function from the 9 options available, and some of the functions are fixed which means preset temperature such as Pizza and cooks, while other are adjustable through the second knob.
- Performance and Design:
This tabletop convection oven has beaten several competitors in the market with its preset precious cooking functions from bake,pizza,toast to broil,keep-warm and reheat.
The exterior of the oven is made of high quality stainless steel, that is safe for cooking and ensure long term trouble free performance.
The Kitchenaid KCO273SS comes with 14.2″ L * 21.9″ W* 18.4″ H exterior dimensions.
and 12.5″ deep * 13″ wide which is more than enough for two 12″ pizzas or a whole chicken.
For easy cleaning kitchenaid provided this model with cerama shield interior coating its is a non-stick, scratch free and the most important its a PTFE/PFOA free.
The Kitchenaid KCO273SS counter top convection oven has passed all performance and design tests.
this multitasking appliance can deliver the basic cooking options with powerful functionality at a reasonable price.
any one not ready to spend a fortune for a convection oven, absolutely will love this smart toast oven from kitchenaid.
- Extremely even heating.
- Simple to operate.
- Cools down quickly.
- 120 minutes time with auto shut-Off.
- 9 pre programmed functions.
- 15 preset cooking functions.
- As-ado roast function.
- No auto rack eject.
- No interior light.
- Restart needed after preheating.
THE CRITERIA WE USED IN OUR TEST
- Heat Distribution.
- Ease Of operation.
- Extra features and accessories.
- Customer reviews/Ratings and their problem report.
- Our Top Pick: Breville BOV800XL
- Best Runner-up: Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP
- Best Budget: Hamilton Beach 31126
- Best Multi-function:Cuisinart TOB-260N1
- Best Compact: KitchenAid KCO273SS
Convection Cooking Tips
- Pans: using low side pans , especially when roasting vegetables or baking cookies, low sided pan allow for better air circulating around the food, which make crispy food crisper and prevent sugar in vegetable from burning.(bright aluminum or light-colored pans are more conductive to heat that flowing in the oven, and can cause food to brown faster).
- Lower temperatures and cooking time: when cooking with convection oven always lower the temperature by 25F (15c) because the hot circling air is able to get ti the food and encompass it with the heat much faster. for most recipes cooking time is 20-25% less than it normally would be.(always check your recipe after three quarter of the time)
- Pizza Stone: if you want to use a pizza stone, always make sure to preheat in order to get a crisp brown crust on the bottom of your bread and pizza.
- Oven Crowding :since convection ovens relies on the hot air circulation, overcrowding and filling racks wall to wall it will block the flowing air which making the cooking process less efficient and losing the convection advantage.
- What to bake And what not: Pizza, scones and biscuits are perfect to cook in convection oven since they requires quick heat. and avoid baking souffles, cakes, quick bread, flans and custards, the flowing air can create a lopsided results on this foods.
- Adding water:If you are planning to bake a artisan bread, which usually requires a high temperatures, placing a pan filled with water on the oven floor can help creating a crispy crust on your bread.
Here are a few hand-picked articles you could read next:
What is the difference between a convectional and convection oven?! Which one you should buy?
Convection ovens feature a fan which in most cases it is placed in the back side. And the use of the fan is to force the heated air inside the oven and give it a circulating motion.
The oven keep pushes the heated air over and around the food the whole process and that what makes convection ovens cook 20% faster than convectional ovens.
But not only faster but also cook food at lower temperate almost 20% less than the recipe suggested cooking temperature and cook more evenly.
Convection ovens are more used in commercial cooking facilities and restaurant industry, however, it is becoming more and more popular for house use.
But since convection ovens are more efficient and much faster than convectional ovens they are much expensive too.
On the other hand convectional ovens which are much popular and almost every residence come equipped with one, and it used almost for every meal, breads and desserts…
Both conventional and convection ovens cook food using hear and the ability to use electricity or gas, depending on the ovens plug in and the house hook-up.
The difference between them that conventional oven, don’t force air throughout the oven on a constant basis, with the help of the fan.
As a result the air circulating get blocked by the pot and pans that are placed inside the oven. And that cause and uneven cooking especially when using bot top and bottom racks at the same time.
In most cases the food on the top racks will cook faster, because heat rises to the top and gets trapped there.
Conventional oven having used in kitchens and successfully cooked food for decades.
* Frequently Asked Questions
- How convection oven works?
By forcing the heated air inside the oven to form a circulating motion by the help of the fan which located at the back side.
- Can convection oven bake cakes?
Yes, toaster ovens can evenly bake and it can make your cake more fluffier and slightly bigger, regardless of the position in the oven, they are the best for baking.
- Does convection oven cook faster?
Well most of convection ovens will cook your meal faster, up to 20% than convectional oven, since circulating hot air transfers heat faster and evenly.
- How to clean convection oven?
Almost all models out there comes with drip/crumb tra, all you have to do is to take of the tray and clean it with soapy water, for the interior use a wt cloth and pastry brush to clean any narrow slots.
Knob can be removed and clean separately with soapy wt cloth.
- Are convection oven safe for health?
Absolutely yes, convection oven is differ from convectional oven only that convection oven has fan that forces the hot air to move around the oven interior and its only for heating up your food and changing it.